Animax UK is an anime streaming service for those residing in the United Kingdom.
While at first glance its rating system may appear to be identical to that of the British Board of Film Classification, there are various differences in the classifications of titles on their site from the classifications the BBFC have given these titles.
Rating system Edit
- 12 (sometimes listed as 12A)
Titles that are rated 15 or 18 may be locked with a PIN code through Animax's parental control system.
Classification differences Edit
- Another - Every episode was given a 12 rating by Animax UK. The BBFC classified episodes 1-6 as 12 and episodes 7-12 as 15.
- Coppelion - Every episode was given a 12 rating by Animax UK. The BBFC classified episodes 1-4, 6, 9, and 13 of the show as PG, with only 6 out of the 13 episodes being classified 12.
- Noragami - Every episode of the first season was given a 15 rating by Animax UK. The majority of the first season was rated 12 by the BBFC, with episodes 1-2 and 10 classified as PG.
- Ping Pong: The Animation - Almost every episode was given a 15 rating by Animax UK, with episode 5 receiving an 18 rating. The complete series was classified PG by the BBFC.