The content of M-classified material may contain moderate levels of classifiable material, such as violence, sex, or coarse language. Material classified M cannot be recommended for viewing or playing by children under 15 years of age, whilst they can still legally access it.
In terms of coarse language, "f**k" may be used, but cannot be very frequent or highly aggressive. Also, any use the strongest language, "c**t" may pass the title at a higher category. In 1993, a new classification was added to the film system, MA 15+, for films that have content that is too strong for the M classification.
Examples of M materialEdit
- American Dad!
- Family Guy
- Arrival (Mature themes and coarse language)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Intense sequences of violence and mature themes)
- First Kid
- La La Land (Coarse language)
- The Martian (Survival themes and coarse language)
- Rogue One (Science fiction violence)
- Suicide Squad (Fantasy themes, violence and coarse language)
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (Mature themes and coarse language)
- Halo 5: Guardians (Violence, online interactivity)
- Inside  (Mature themes and violence)
- Overwatch (Violence, online interactivity)
- Persona 4 Golden (Sexualised imagery)