New Zealand's M rating is an OFLC-mandated classification used in New Zealand to state that a movie is suitable for persons aged 16 and over, but anyone is still allowed entry without an adult. This rating was authorized by the Films, Videos, and Publications Classification Act of 1993.
Examples of M titles
- Nothing But The Truth ("Violence, offensive language & sex scenes")
- Charmed Seasons 7-8 ("Supernatural themes & violence")
- Rudderless ("Offensive language")
- Avatar ("Battle violence")
- The Sixth Sense ("Medium level violence")